Popular posts from this blog
11/16 Blog Post by Jordyn
Card Games ! Today was a quiet day. I had a day full of school. One thing in particular that stuck it to me was a card game we had played in Japanese class (just putting this out there that I had no idea what was going on. I don't speak fluent Japanese!). Mio (my host sister), Riko (a classmate who sat with Mio and I) and I were sitting in a row of three. We turned our desks so it would be easier to play. We got multicolored cards from the teacher and we started with green. They had hiragana written on them. I didn't know what the words meant but the teacher would call out a sentence and we would have to slap the card that matched that sentence. I didn't do too bad but my host sister obviously let me win. It was fun. We played for about a half an hour and just in that half I got better and faster at reading hiragana!
11/10 blog post by Madison
Today was the second and last day of us visiting Shintoku. I met many people and made many new friends, but what surprised me the most was how fast the students warmed up to us, even though we were only there for two days. The first day, I, as well as some others, were worried that the students were making fun of us since we couldn’t really understand what they were saying. When we walked around and they copied what we would say, or ask easy questions, I took it as mockery, but I think that was far from the truth. I think that the students would copy us so that they could learn a better American accent. I also think they asked easy questions so that there wouldn’t be any miscommunication and so that translating would be easier. Also, simple questions can be fun! Like what a dog sounds like in both America and Japan, two very different noises. The first day was really awkward, students would say hi to us to be polite, we would have to introduce ourselves, and the room would be fille...









Comments
Post a Comment