Monday, November 6 Blog by Alejandro


Okunoin

One thing that stood out to me today was the grandness of all the statues and shrines. When I was walking I would just keep walking and not stop because each one is better than the next and grander. The carving made from wood and and stone seem like something very meticulous and made me wonder how they would be able to keep up during construction. The statues look like giant entrance to a temple and they look like they are going to be able to stay there forever. One thing that also surprised me was how even though there were 10s of thousands of statues and shrine in the woods they all look like they each made meticulously and even though all of them are not meant to go together because they are each special they all somehow create this effect on you when looking at them like “wow this is amazing." When I was walking through the more empty places I feel like I was somewhere very sacred and important. I was just able to look around and understand everything that was happening even though the majority of it was in difficult to read kanji.

-Alejandro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11/16 Blog Post by Jordyn